All media inquiries for any Mary Bridge Children's department or employee should be made through the media team. If you’d like to request an interview with a Mary Bridge Children's expert, please email your request to [email protected] or call 253-403-1736.
Mary Bridge Children’s policy complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). HIPAA’s Privacy Rule will limit disclosure of personal patient health information, even among hospital personnel. As a result, hospital public relations representatives will be limited in their ability to respond to media requests.
Reporters must ask about patients by name to receive any information. Typically, the hospital will be able to confirm that the patient is in the facility and provide a standard one-word condition report using the following terms:
- Undetermined: Patient awaiting evaluation.
- Good: Vital signs are stable and normal. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and normal. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not normal. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not normal. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.