Temporary July Closures of Tacoma Facilities
Temporary July Closures of Tacoma Clinics related to Safe Demolition of LDS Church
As part of the replacement Mary Bridge Children's Hospital project, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be demolishing their building located on South 4th and South L streets, in Tacoma adjacent to Mary Bridge Children's Health Center at 311 South L Street.
This demolition will take place Friday, July 9 – Monday, July 12 with debris removal and site clean-up to continue after the demolition.
Patient, Family, Provider and Staff Safety is our #1 Goal
In the highest regard for the safety and infection prevention of our patients, providers and staff, and in collaboration with MultiCare's Infection Control and Safety team, Mary Bridge Children's will temporarily close several adjacent buildings and suspend services for the days outlined below.
This is to mitigate any air quality and safety risks associated with the building demolition.
- Mary Bridge Children's Health Center (West Wing) - 311 South L St.: Closed Friday, July 9 – Monday, July 12. Re-opening Tuesday, July 13.
- Mary Bridge Children's Health Center (East Wing): Closed Friday, July 9 – Tuesday, July 13. Re-opening Wednesday, July 14.
- Surgery Center, 2nd floor, East Wing to remain closed until Monday, July 19.
- Surgery Clinic (pre-/post-op) in the West Wing, re-opening Tuesday, July 13.
- Baker Center (316 MLK, Jr Way): Closed Friday, July 9 – Monday, July 12. Re-opening Tuesday, July 13.
- Mary Bridge Children's Developmental Services (1220 Division Ave.): Closed Friday, July 9 – Sunday, July 18. Re-opening Monday, July 19.
These closures are taking place in addition to risk mitigation protocols that the demolition team will be implementing which will include water spray dust mitigation, hourly air quality monitoring, increased filtration for building air systems, traffic monitors and safety fences.
Please contact your child's provider or clinic directly with any questions or rescheduling.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience during this time.
Learn more about our replacement hospital project.