Volunteering at Mary Bridge
Thank you for considering Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital as a place to share your time. Our volunteers play a crucial role in helping support MultiCare’s mission in partnering in healing and a healthy future.
- Volunteers must commit to a consistent, 1 day per week schedule for a 3-4 hour shift.
- Volunteers must commit to volunteering 100 hours. Typically, this takes 7-8 months to complete.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, mentor or employer.
- MultiCare will conduct a criminal background check on all volunteer applicants.
Finding a volunteer role that is a good fit is an important part of the process. Before applying to volunteer we want to take time to ensure the volunteer opportunities match what you are seeking.
Step 1 – Schedule an appointment for a phone call with our Volunteer Coordinator. Please schedule a time when we can call you to learn more about your interests and share information on our current openings.
Step 2 – If we have a volunteer opportunity that is a potential match, you will receive an email with links to complete our online application, new volunteer orientation and dates of our upcoming onboarding meetings.
Step 3 – Attend the New Volunteer Onboarding Meeting
Step 4 – Complete required health screening
Step 5 – Complete department training
Step 6 – Begin volunteering!