Internship - Child Life Services
Child Life Internship Program
Thank you for your interest in Mary Bridge Children's Hospital's Child Life Internship Program. At this time, we are accepting applications for Fall and Spring Internships. We choose one candidate for each semester/quarter.
Before completing the application, please ensure you meet the minimum requirements of our program.
- Must be in the final semester of completing a Bachelor's degree or enrolled in a Master's program. Minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Must be affiliated with a university.
- Internship dependent upon signed MultiCare/University contract agreement.
- Must have a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer experience in a pediatric hospital or outpatient setting. Child life practicum CAN count towards the minimum volunteer requirements.
- Completed child life practicum experience is preferred by the start of the internship. If practicum is in progress at time of application, please provide the ACLP “Child Life Practicum In-Progress” form in application materials.
- Encouraged to have experience working with children in non-health care setting (such as daycare, school environment, camps and so on).
Our Child Life Internship Program provides a 600 hour, non-paid experience, utilizing curriculum provided by the ACLP. Throughout the internship, Child Life Interns will rotate through the following units: Medical/Surgical Unit, Intensive Care Unit, Surgery, Radiology, Emergency Department, Hematology/Oncology and Outpatient clinics.
Please refer to the Association of Child Life Professionals website for internship application deadlines and acceptance dates as we are consistent with the Association’s recommendations.
The completed application packet must contain:
- Completed Common Child Life Internship application with all required materials included (please see application to review checklist)
- A cover letter
- Unofficial college/university transcripts. Official transcripts can be requested.
- The ACLP Common Recommendation Form will be accepted in place of letters of recommendation. Strong recommendation letters can be included if desired.
Interviews are held over video conferencing (i.e. Skype). In-person interviews are not required.
Please Return Completed Application Packet to:
Kristen Bishop, MS, CCLS
Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital
311 South L Street
Tacoma, Wa 98405
If you have any questions regarding the application or internship, please contact Kristen at 253-403-3462 or email [email protected].