Internship - Child Life Services
Child Life Internship Program
Thank you for your interest in Mary Bridge Children's Hospital's Child Life Internship Program. At this time, we are accepting applications for Fall and Spring Internships. We choose one candidate for each semester/quarter.
Before completing the application, please ensure you meet the minimum requirements of our program.
- Must be in the final semester of completing a Bachelor's degree or enrolled in a Master's program. Minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Must be affiliated with a university.
- Internship dependent upon signed MultiCare/University contract agreement.
- Must have a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer experience in a pediatric hospital or outpatient setting.
- Child life practicum CAN count towards the minimum volunteer requirements.
- Encouraged to have experience working with children in non-health care setting (such as daycare, school environment, camps and so on).
Our Child Life Internship Program provides a minimum 480 hour/maximum 600 hour, non-paid experience. Throughout the internship, Child Life Interns will rotate through the following units: Medical/Surgical Unit, Intensive Care Unit, Surgery, Radiology, Emergency Department, Hematology/Oncology and Outpatient clinics.
Please refer to the Child Life Council website for internship application deadlines and acceptance dates. We follow the Child Life Council's recommendations.
The completed application packet must contain:
- Completed Common Child Life Internship application with all required materials included (please see application to review checklist)
- A cover letter
- Official/unofficial college/university transcripts. Official transcripts can be requested.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of the letters from your volunteer/practicum supervisor
Please Return Completed Application Packet to:
Julie Hertzog, CCLS
Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
Child Life Department
311 S. L. St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact Julie at 253-403-3558 or email Julie Hertzog.