Clean Air for Kids (CAFK) Program
Clean Air for Kids (CAFK) is a free asthma and allergy management program available to children and families throughout Puget Sound. The program provides prevention, education and management services to help families with children birth to 18 years old who have chronic respiratory concerns and/or allergies.
How Does Clean Air for Kids Work?
- Virtual home visits and education
- Evaluations for your child's asthma/allergy symptoms
- A thorough review, with you, of your child's medications, how to use them, and instructions from your child's doctor
- Customized plans to manage asthma and/or allergies
- Help to identify environmental triggers, collect air quality measurements and recommend solutions
- Helpful information, resources, and supplies to assist you
- To reduce asthma flare ups
- To avoid missed school/work days
- To increase use of care plan by better understanding asthma
- To partner with families and physicians
Lani Su, RN, certified asthma educator at Mary Bridge talks about how you can control the environment to reduce asthma triggers. Hear about what you can do to control common asthma triggers like smoke, dust and mold in your home.
You do not need a referral from your doctor to participate in the Clean Air for Kids program.
For more information please contact us at [email protected] or 253-403-3237.