Improve Future for Children with Special Needs
The Mary Bridge Good Samaritan Children’s Therapy Unit has a long history of providing continuing education for parents, care providers, therapists, teachers and other school personnel. We strive to offer continuing education opportunities that will ultimately improve the care and future of children with special needs.
The impact of our continuing professional education courses is far-reaching. Two courses (Clinical Decision Making and SEMG) have been presented throughout this country and internationally as far away as Australia. Routinely offered course topics include:
- Adaptive switches and control devices
- Creative adaptive equipment solutions
- Eight-week certification course in neurodevelopmental therapy
- Introduction to neurodevelopmental therapy: parts 1, 2, and 3
- Managing oppositional and defiant behavior in children
- Neuromuscular window—SEMG evidence to enhance decision making and refine treatment
- One- to three-week advanced level courses in neurodevelopmental therapy
- Professional evening mini series: ball skills, hemiplegia, torticollis, calming, etc.
- Sensory processing course for teachers and parents
- Sign play—beginning American Sign Language
More information regarding continuing education at CTU is available by calling 253-697-5225