Preparing for a Visit - GI Clinic
The following information will help you get the most out of your time with our specialists.
Before Your Appointment
- Ask your child’s primary care provider to send chart notes and any lab results regarding your child’s condition to the clinic. You can also bring a copy with you to the appointment.
- Bring a list of medications, vitamins and supplements your child is taking.
- Depending on your child’s age, discuss the upcoming clinic visit. Often a first appointment consists of a medical history and physical exam. However, sometimes procedures, like blood draws, are necessary, so it’s important to prepare your child for that possibility.
- Arrange care for siblings so you can focus on your child’s visit with the GI specialist.
- Provide at least 24 hours notice when cancelling an appointment.
Day of Your Appointment
- Arrive on time so our providers can fully address all your concerns. If you are more than 15 minutes late, we will have to reschedule your appointment.
- Turn off cell phones and pagers during your visit.
- Refrain from bringing food or drink in the examination room.
For medication refills, please call your pharmacy. If you need further assistance, call the clinic. Medications are refilled up to your child’s next clinic appointment. Keeping those appointments ensures that your child's refills can continue without interruption.
Call the following numbers for questions or concerns about your child’s condition.
Monday-Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm: Call the clinic at 253-792-6630. (A gastroenterology nurse will address your concerns and consult with your child’s provider as needed.)
Call 9-1-1 anytime your concern is a life-threatening emergency.