Neurological Conditions We Treat
Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Network provides diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of neurological disorders in children. Our team of experts works together to deliver personalized care that meets your child’s unique needs.
Why Choose Mary Bridge’s Neurology Clinic?
We are a leading treatment center for pediatric neurology services, caring for thousands of patients every year. Parents choose our clinic because we offer:
- Advanced diagnosis and testing: Our team approach means your child sees multiple specialists skilled in identifying neurological conditions. Mary Bridge physicians are experts in their field, using the latest technology to provide an accurate diagnosis. Find out more about diagnosis and testing.
- Expert care: At Mary Bridge, your child will only see experienced, board-certified pediatric neurologists, many of whom appear on local rankings of top doctors. Our team also includes some of the area’s leading pediatric neurosurgeons. Meet our specialists.
- Total support: We work with many specialists in areas like speech therapy and neuropsychology to support your child. We also offer a wide range of services to help children and families cope with treatment, including a complex care team for children with life-threatening or chronic illness. Learn more about our support services.
- Convenient locations: Our specialists travel to outreach locations across the South Puget Sound area, so you don’t have to spend hours traveling for treatment. Get information about our locations.
Conditions we treat include:
- Headaches and migraines
- Sleep disorders
- ADD/ADHD (attention deficit disorder/attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental disabilities
- Tourette syndrome
- Neuromuscular disorders
Epilepsy is a disorder that causes recurring seizures, affecting up to 1 percent of the population. Our pediatric neurologists are experts in diagnosing and treating epilepsy in children, and our hospital has the area’s leading pediatric neurosurgeons.
Learn more about epilepsy.
Headaches and Migraines
We treat a large number of children with chronic headaches and migraines. We evaluate all possible causes of headaches, working with you to identify lifestyle triggers and reduce days missed at school.
Learn more about headaches and migraines.
Our team provides advanced diagnosis and treatment for childhood sleep disorders. Our Pediatric Sleep Disorders Clinic is one of the only centers in the state experienced in pediatric sleep studies.
Learn more about sleep disorders.
Autism is a developmental disability that can cause problems with communication, behavior and socialization. Our clinic can evaluate your child for autism and provide referrals for applied behavior analysis (ABA) therapy. We also have the area’s only autism nurse navigator, providing personalized guidance and support for parents of children with autism.
Learn more about autism.
ADD and ADHD
ADD and ADHD are conditions that can make it difficult for children to focus, also causing problems due to hyperactivity. Our team has expertise diagnosing children with ADD and ADHD, along with other complicating conditions or diagnoses. We provide medication management and educational support to ensure children reach their fullest potential.
Learn more about ADD and ADHD.
Cerebral palsy is a developmental disorder that can lead to problems with movement and muscle coordination. In addition to diagnosing cerebral palsy, we connect you with other specialists to promote the best possible quality of life for children and families.
Learn more about cerebral palsy.
We diagnose and treat a wide range of developmental disabilities, including:
- Hearing and vision impairment
- Intellectual disability
- Fragile X syndrome
- Developmental delays
- Muscular dystrophy
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Neurodegenerative disorders
Our team works with you to carefully evaluate your child’s needs, providing referrals to support specialists to ensure the optimal outcome for your child.
Learn more about developmental disabilities.
Tourette syndrome is a disorder that causes involuntary movements or sounds called tics. Our pediatric neurologists are experienced in diagnosing Tourette syndrome in children. We also help manage medications to minimize symptoms.
Learn more about Tourette syndrome.
Neuromuscular disorders affect communication between the nerves and the brain, often affecting muscle movement. Our pediatric neurologists are experts in diagnosing a range of neuromuscular disorders, including:
- Motor neuron disorders, such as spinal muscle atrophy (SMA), a disease that affects muscle movement
- Peripheral nerve disorders, such as Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, an inherited disorder that causes pain and worsening muscle weakness. These disorders also cause Guillain-Barré syndrome, a rare condition where the immune system damages the nerves and ultimately causes paralysis.
- Neuromuscular junction disorders, such as juvenile myasthenia gravis and botulism. Juvenile myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune disease that causes muscle weakness. Botulism is a disorder caused by foodborne bacteria that can lead to paralysis or death.
- Muscle disorders that include Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD), congenital muscular dystrophy and myotonic dystrophy. Muscular dystrophies are genetic disorders that cause muscle wasting and weakness that worsens over time. We also treat muscle disorders that include congenital myopathies and myositis. Myopathies often cause temporary weakness in a specific area, while myositis affects connective tissues, such as tendons and ligaments.
Learn more about neuromuscular disorders.
Call us at 253-792-6630 to make an appointment with one of our specialists.