Ready, Set, Go! 5210 Resources
Explore the information below for additional resources about healthy eating and active living.
Fruits and Vegetables
- Encourage More—Tips on helping kids eat more fruits & vegetables
- Healthy Shopping on a Budget - Tips for getting the most out of your money
- How to Add Fiber to Your Meals —Everybody needs it!
- This vs. That—The foods that are energy-givers
- Healthier Convenience Store
- Healthier Fast Food
- Fuel Learning with Fruits & Vegetables—Healthy snacks kids love
- Guiding Stars—Hannaford’s® helpful rating system for smart shopping
- Healthy Favorites—A booklet with tips and recipes
- Nonfood Rewards at Home—How to reward children without sugar and fat
- Understanding Food Labels
or less hours of recreational screen time
- National Screen-Free Week—How to tune in to life
- Promote Healthy Viewing—Creating good habits around screens
- School Vacation Activity List—There’s always something to do!
- Take Control of TV—How to tame your television… rules and tips
or more hour of physical activity
- Be Active Everyday—It’s easier than you think
- Get One Hour or More—Tips on staying active
- Quick Brain Boosts
- Take it Outside - Activity ideas for outside
- Pierce County Walking Guide – Include trails, parks and other great walking tips
- Calcium Counts!
- Have a Drink Plan—Review what you’re drinking
- How Much Sugar Do You Drink—How much sugar is in that cola?
- What Should Young Children Drink?
- Juice - Healthy Choice or Occasional Treat?
- What's the Deal with Added Sugar?
- Think Your Drink—A chart showing the “fitness” of drinks
- Water Is Fuel for Your Body—Essential reading… and drinking!
- Making Water More Appealing
- Make Fun Flavored Water
- Healthy Sleeping Habits
*The Ready, Set, Go! 5210 program is adapted from the Let's Go! program in Portland, Maine. Visit www.letsgo.org for additional resources.