Services - Rehab Medicine
Comprehensive Services to Improve Children's Lives
Mary Bridge Rehabilitation Medicine offers a full range of services from consultation and diagnosis to inpatient and outpatient treatment.
Our services include:
- Spasticity management — State-of-the-art medical management for spasticity with treatments that include medications, serial casting, sedated botox injection and phenol blocks, and intrathecal baclofen pumps.
- Therapy, DME and assistive technology prescriptions — Prescriptions as necessary for items such as augmentative communication devices, orthotics, hospital beds, wheelchairs and other durable medical equipment.
- Transition Clinic — Serving adolescents and young adults, this clinic helps guide families through the often complex process of transitioning care from the pediatric environment and maximizing patients' potential function as adults.
- Cardiac rehabilitation — For children who have had cardiac surgery or severe deconditioning due to illness. This is coordinated with our cardiologists.
- Hemophilia Clinic — In partnership with Mary Bridge Hematology, this clinic helps serve the musculoskeletal needs of children with bleeding disorders.
- Special procedures, including:
- Sedated Botox injections and phenol blocks
- Injections for sialorrhea (excess drooling), hyperhidrosis (excess sweating) and bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Serial casting
- Intrathecal baclofen
Conditions We Treat
- Brain or spinal cord injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Complications due to cancer, hemophilia and other diseases
- Genetic conditions
- Guillain Barre
- Muscular dystrophy
- Spina bifida
- Walking issues or gait disturbances