Pediatric Surgical Services
Thousands of children — from tiny babies to teenagers —come to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Network needing surgery every year. Surgery can be a scary thing for children and their families.
We know we can't take all of that fear away, but we can provide comfort, support, information — and years of experience in pediatric surgery — to help children and families rest more at ease. We have expanded access to Virtual Care as well. Ask if a Virtual Care appointment may be appropriate for your child.
Mary Bridge Surgical Services: Why Choose Us?
Our team — including board-certified pediatric surgeons, specially trained nurses and anesthesiologists and Child Life Specialists — provide comprehensive, compassionate care for children. Features of our surgical program include:
- Expertise: Mary Bridge offers a full range of advanced surgical services by some of the region’s leading surgeons. Our highly skilled pediatric general surgeons are board-certified in general surgery with special certification in pediatric surgery. Mary Bridge also provides children with surgical expertise in a range of specialty areas, from cardiovascular to orthopedics. Learn more about pediatric general surgery and our other surgical specialties.
- Surgical excellence: We use the latest technology to perform minimally invasive procedures whenever possible. By using leading-edge tools and technology, our surgeons offer children excellent outcomes with lower rates of complications. Learn more about our surgical techniques.
- Pediatric-focused facilities: Our state-of-the-art operating suites include tools and equipment especially designed to be used when performing surgery on children of all ages, including newborns.
- Comprehensive care: Our specialists are dedicated to providing superior pre- and postoperative care to children and families, including case-specific preparation for families and pre-surgery tours; inpatient, outpatient, short stay, and diagnostic care; and pediatric anesthesia and sedation services as needed for your child’s testing and diagnosis procedures. What’s more, our multidisciplinary pediatric surgical team is available 24 hours a day, every day, so there’s always a surgeon ready to help your child.
- Dedicated Child Life Specialists: Child Life Specialists help children and families cope with the stress of hospitalization by providing pre-surgery tours and helping children prepare for surgery using age-appropriate techniques. Learn more about Child Life Specialists at Mary Bridge.
- Convenient locations: Mary Bridge specialists make regular visits to our outreach clinics in Aberdeen, Covington, Olympia, Puyallup and Silverdale, making it easy for your child to receive pre- and post-surgical follow-up care.
Our surgical staff also serves as a resource for referring doctors through the southwest Washington region. Phone consultations with one of our surgeons is available 24 hours a day to other providers to help evaluate patients for surgery.