Comprehensive Surgical Services for Children
Thousands of children — from tiny babies to teenagers —come to Mary Bridge Children's needing surgery every year. Surgery can be a scary thing for children and their families.
We know we can't take all of that fear away, but we can provide comfort, support, information — and years of experience in pediatric surgery — to help children and families rest more at ease.
For more information, call 253-403-4613
Mary Bridge Surgical Services: Why Choose Us?
Our team — including board-certified pediatric surgeons, specially trained nurses and anesthesiologists and child life specialists — provide comprehensive, compassionate care for children. Features of our surgical program include:
- Expertise: Mary Bridge offers a full range of advanced surgical services by some of the region’s leading surgeons. Our highly skilled pediatric General & Thoracic surgeons are board-certified in general surgery with special certification in pediatric surgery. Mary Bridge also provides children with surgical expertise in a range of pediatric specialty areas, including Craniofacial & Plastic Surgery, Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT), Cardiovascular, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, and Urology.
- Surgical excellence: We use the latest technology to perform minimally invasive procedures whenever possible. By using leading-edge tools and technology, our surgeons offer children excellent outcomes with lower rates of complications. Learn more about our surgical techniques.
- Pediatric-focused facilities: Our state-of-the-art operating suites include tools and equipment especially designed to be used when performing surgery on children of all ages, including newborns.
- Comprehensive care: Our specialists are dedicated to providing superior pre- and postoperative care to children and families, including case-specific preparation for families and pre-surgery tours; inpatient, outpatient, short stay, and diagnostic care; and pediatric anesthesia and sedation services as needed for your child’s testing and diagnosis procedures. What’s more, our multidisciplinary pediatric surgical team is available 24 hours a day, every day, so there’s always a surgeon ready to help your child.
- Dedicated Child Life Specialists: Child Life Specialists help children and families cope with the stress of hospitalization by providing pre-surgery tours and helping children prepare for surgery using age-appropriate techniques. Learn more about Child Life Specialists at Mary Bridge.
- Convenient locations: Mary Bridge specialists make regular visits to our regional outpatient centers throughout the South Sound, making it easy for your child to receive pre- and post-surgical follow-up care.