More Helpful Information for Your Child's Surgical Visit
In addition to questions about your child’s surgery, you may have questions about some of the logistics about your child’s visit to Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Network, particularly if their surgery requires an overnight visit.
Valet parking is available for $3 at the 5th Street garage and at the main hospital entrance on MLK Jr. Way. Parking is available anywhere on the campus designated as visitor parking. If you park at the Baker Center, please bring your ticket with you for validation. (Validation is not available for the Jackson Hall or Group Health parking faculties.)
Where Should I Stay?
You are welcome to stay overnight with your child. A chair bed with linens is available for one adult to sleep at their child's bedside in the medical-surgical units. Kitchens and showers are also available. Limited family housing may be available at MultiCare's Tree House for families with children in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). The NICU or PICU social workers can assist in making these arrangements.
- Telephones are located in each patient room and throughout the hospital and health center.
- A cash machine (ATM) is located on the third floor of the hospital building next to the cafeteria and on the first floor of the health center near the Seahorse Bistro.
- The Cafe Expressions cafeteria is located on the third floor of the hospital and is open Monday through Friday, from 6:30am to 7pm and from 1:30 to 4am, and on Saturday and Sundays from 7:30am to 7pm. The adjacent Expressions Deli is open 24 hours a day. It provides hot sandwiches, salads, soup, pastries, espresso and other snacks and drinks.
- The Seahorse Bistro in our health center offers a selection of family friendly food and beverages and is open Monday–Friday during business hours.
- Vending machines are onsite and accessible 24 hours a day.
- A grocery store is located three blocks from the hospital and is open 5am to 2am daily.