Pediatric Weight and Wellness
Committed to Helping Every Child Live a Healthy Life
Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital is committed to helping every child live an active and healthy life. The Mary Bridge Pediatric Weight and Wellness Program for ages 2-17 provides access to health care professionals who have expertise in helping families make healthy changes. The program’s holistic approach can result in lasting improvements in your child’s health and quality of life.
- Emphasizes overall health (physical/social/emotional) and well-being of the child or adolescent.
- Highlights the strengths of each family member in order to support an environment that promotes healthy growth and development.
- Promotes living actively, eating in a healthy but not depriving way, and creating a nurturing environment that helps the child or adolescent develop and grow to his/her potential.
If you are concerned about your child's health and weight, talk to your doctor about your child's growth history and Body Mass Index (BMI). If your child’s BMI is greater than 95%, your child may benefit from an In-depth Assessment. How to participate in the Pediatric Weight and Wellness Program.
Family Wellness Workshop
2nd Friday of each month, from 10am - 11am; &
4th Thursday of each month, 6pm - 7pm
You are invited to attend our free, parents only Family Wellness Workshop.
- Learn about our positive, family-centered approach
- Receive a Family Wellness Toolkit – simple tools you can use today to support healthy habits
- Meet other parents with similar concerns
- Get sensitive questions answered by a member of the Pediatric Weight and Wellness team – without your child present
- Spend an hour celebrating what you are already doing well and setting goals for tackling new challenges.
2nd Friday of each month, from 10am - 11am; & 4th Thursday of each month, 6pm - 7pm
Mary Bridge WIC building (Behind Frisco Freeze)
316 N. L St.
Tacoma, WA 98403
Who should attend:
- Anyone who cares about a child!
Our Program Philosophy:
Our focus is on increasing evidence-based behaviors that support healthy lifestyles. We do not provide restrictive diets or emphasize weight loss. The program’s holistic approach can result in lasting improvements in your child’s health and quality of life.
Schedule your workshop by calling: 253-792-6630